Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pissant and Jones

"Pissant and Jones." It sounds like the title of a hit 1970's Buddy Cop Movie

As promised, here is a photo of Martin "Pissant" Maskill. That's him on the right. To the left, and as out of focus then as he is today, stands James Horatio "Jones" Jones. Jones was the one who gave Martin the name of Pissant. Jones denies it, but we all think he got it from an episode of The Waltons.

The story goes that Martin was the one that came up with the idea. Original documents are on their way to the High Desert headquarters here for further examination and dissemination.

Connection-wise, I believe Jones and Martin knew each other from when they lived in Texas. I met Jones through another kid at school, Mike Clark. And I met Vance and Martin through Jones.

Jones will be referred to later. Jones is... well Jones. Everyone of us had Jones stories. When ever I would tell my son, "One time me and Jim Jones..." he would start laughing because he knew what was ahead.

Oh, yeah. And that's not a baggie of oregano in Martin's hands.

3 comments:

  1. Original Moonpie books, paper and photos are being carefully gone through as I write this. They will be mailed from right coast to somewere east of left coast. Albuquerque....what a name. Who in the fuck came up with the name Albuquerque. Probably the same guy they let map out all the streets in old Santa Fe. Good Lord, Google Earth to old town Santa Fe and I but you will get vertigo! Anyway, the * mark is in the original Moonpie at least twice next to Martins name, I'll let Rick make the call.How did the tale begin? Who said Moonpie first? Why in the fuck did Rick join the Army? Does Aunt Bea's carpet match the drapes? So many questions and so much time to answer them. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who came up with the name "Albuquerque"? Perhaps this little article by award-winning scholar Dick Tschingadero will settle the matter: http://thebadactor.blogspot.com/2008/08/albuquerque-part-ii-history.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. It is good to know that there are scholars amongst the "PIE".

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick