Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No, walk THIS way.....

Vance has reminded me of a classic routine he and David Lewis used to do. It was this funky little dance to the tune of Walk This Way, by Aerosmith.

Seesaw swingin' with the boys in the school
And your feet flying up in the air
I sing hey diddle diddle put your kitty in the middle
Of the swing like you didn't care
So I took a big chance at the high school dance
With a missy who was ready to play
Wasn't me she was foolin'
'Cause she knew what she was doin'
When she told me how to walk this way
When she told me to

3 comments:

  1. This dance was also used to the music stylings of 'Sly and the family Stone'. Hmmmm..white boys on the verge of inventing break dancing. Actually, the dance group "The Locker Dancers" had that sewed up. Don't forget 'ol Rerun the actor/dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure your right, Rog.

    I don't remember the Locker Dancers, but suddenly I remember the song "Rubber Band Man" and the dance with rubber bands that went with it.

    I also remember Blane singing "I believe in "Milko." Where you from, you sexy thing you."

    I actually own that song now. I have a collection of soul & R&B hits that I'd never be caught listening to when they were popular

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like me with my copy of "Mambo #5"

    "a little bit of Ericas what I like...."

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick