Saturday, January 10, 2009

LEXICON*: "Couth"

Couth
Cool. Simple. Simply good. To be used without excitement.

Usage: "That's couth."
NOTE: This word was never used in a hyperbolic fashion. (i.e., That's the most couth thing ever. Ginny has the most couthest poontang.)

*As part of an ongoing series, we, the managerial folk at the Moonpie Chronicles, present this lexicon of words and phrases used by the heterogeneous subculture whose base of activities was located just past the stairs at the east end of the Freak Wall at Eldorado High School in the mid-1970s.

5 comments:

  1. BOGART

    Not the actor who when asked why he had come to Casa Blanca replied, "I came for the waters". His drinking partner said, "theres no water for miles around here." Bogart simply replied, "I was mis-led."

    Anyway, Bogart...a term used to warn the others in the group not to hog the doobie. "Don't Bogart the joint." The term Bogart was used to discribe how Bogart would 'steal' any scene he was acting in, getting the most attention. Hence, if you lingered with the joint before passing it along, you were Bogarting the joint. Always remember...puff, puff,pass. Puff, puff, pass..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you... did drugs!!!

    -your son

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... Yeah, but I never SOLD them. Except for the time Jim Jones threatened to beat me up if I didn't sell him half of my lid of pot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would your mother think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait... My mother? Or Gabe's?

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick