Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rick and Vance's dream ride..

I just put a down-payment on "Sneekers", a wolly yak. The two-up saddle is being crafted as we speak. I'm sure with Rick's writing career about to take off, we should be in Nepal by next September. I can see it now, the prayer cloths flapping in the breeze, the Tibetian villagers running out to greet us with hand-made trinkets and bricks of hash. Rick and I always dreamed of going to Nepal, but I can't remember why. We wanted to go to Nepal and rent a flat in Dorchester, England for no aparent reason. This is the kind of shit that happens when you ditch class and hang out in doughnut shops.

"After leaving a show one night, I told the cab driver to pull over, I gotta' yak. And believe me, that dosen't mean that I have a long haired buffalo living in my back yard." - Ron White

3 comments:

  1. Fuck the Norton, this ride's the shits fer sure.

    I can't remember why we wanted to go to Nepal either, unless it was for the "cultural exchange." Wink wink. Nudge nudge. Eh? Is she a goer? Well, that and the hash. And the mountains. The mountains are awesome. I'd love to be in good enough shape to ride a mountain bike through there. And a Yak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding the flat in Dorchester, we used to get the London paper from the bookstore by the high school, and we'd pore through the classifieds, looking for apartments and jobs and other interesting adverts.

    I listen to a daily British radio soap opera on my iPod from the BBC. I think the Brits are a hoot. I’d love to go there. I’d probably get kicked out for laughing at everyone but it would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear, hear! I say 'ol chap. We wanted to go to Nepal to climb 'both' peaks of Everest. A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat.Say no more, say no more.

    Now for something completely different.

    Riding mountain bikes in Nepal would be the ultimate rush. And then the ultimate ride down the mountain on a yak being led by Sherpas to take us to base camp for oxygen!

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick