Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Moonpie One: Pages 19 & 20

Three-fer Tuesday continues here on Moonpie with a continuing sentence from the previous postHere, Vance only writes one thin line across the top of the page, continuing from the previous page
"[...] any reason to live. I almost joined the Air Force, but I knew[...]
Vance can comment on this, though he has, I think, previously commented on the whole Air Force thing. Or that may have been on the phone. So he can tell about it here. Now. Do it.

1 comment:

  1. "any reason to live."

    Those words might be a bit much in hind sight, or at least looking at them 30 odd years later. But,thats how I felt back then. I was so depressed that I actually went to a Air Force recruters office to get the speech. "I'm not saying the Air Force is right for everyone, but for me"....blah, blah, blah...The dudes last name was "Poteat', no shit. Martin was with me and we had just blown a doobie 10 minutes before going in. "We can get you guys in on the 'buddy' program. Have you guys ever smoked weed?" Martin and I looked at each other and then back to 'Poteat' and answered, "Yes, buy that was a long time ago." "We can get around that", he said. Whew, that was close....NOT! We left the office and threw the papers out the window of Martins Pinto and rolled another one.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick