Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Moonpie One: Pages 17 & 18

It's Two-Fer Tuesday at Moonpie. Mainly because there isn't much on these first two sets of pages I'm posting.

This first spread is actually a continuation of the previous page, where Vance said he had hoped I'd be coming home after boot camp. Here he's written in very large letters the word
SHIT!

and below that we read
"He didn't. I've become mentally fucked. I no longer have"


Note that this was probably written in late July, early August of 1976. I was in Basic Training at Ft. Dix, NJ and ended up going to Cook School in the same place. They just loaded a few of us in the back of a truck and drove us to the school -- no vacations for the weary.
Continued on next page...

1 comment:

  1. Here is were I started writing weird shit because I was in need of a Rick fix. The months before Rick went to the Army, we were basically hanging together 24/7. I wrote all kinds of stuff about being depressed and trying to make my way alone, so to speak.I was all geared up for Ricks return from boot-camp and it didn't happen.

    "Why don't ya get a whaa burger with some french cries! Def Leopard sucks!"

    -Kid Rock in "Joe Dirt"

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick