Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time out for a Joke

In honor of my Scottish heritage (that's my tartan above -- Clan MacFarlane) I'd like to present two of my favorite Scottish jokes.
A bloke walks into a Glasgow library and says to the prim librarian,
'Excuse me Miss, dey ye hiv ony books on suicide?'
She stops her tasks, looks at him over the top of her glasses and replies,
'Fook off, ye'll no bring it back!'

----------

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman are sitting at a bar with a pint of beer in front of them. The Englishman notices there is a fly in his beer and asks the bartender for a new one.
The Irishman, fishes the fly out, tosses it over his shoulder and keeps on drinking.
The thrifty Scotsman picks the fly up by it's wings and shaking it over the glass, growls "G'wan ye wee devil. Spit it oot!"

--Remember, if you can't laugh at yourself, you have to laugh at someone else.

1 comment:

  1. A young cow-poke walks into a bar and asks for a glass of milk. Bartender just stares at him and the other cowboys stop to watch. The youngster says "how 'bout a sasparilla?" Bartender continues to stare and thee cowboys lean closer to see whats going to happen. The yungin' askes, "is this one of those really tough bars?" and the barkeep shakes his head yes. "Then I'd like a tall glass of warm Gin served with a human hair in it."

    "Comin' right up!" the bartender says.


    Oder that next time you're in a pub and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick