Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hot Babes and Celebrity Girlfriends

BUT... on a serious list of wet-dream fantasy celebrity girlfriends, I'm talking ones that you'd marry and introduce to your mother. I'm talking ones who you wouldn't be embarrassed to have the life-size kissable poster from Tiger Beat on your bedroom wall. I'm talking trade a stack of Playboys for. Number one on the list of hot babes of the 70s. (cue Angelic Chorus. Cue lights) Susan Hallock Dey (born December 10, 1952 in Pekin, Illinois) AKA: Laurie Partridge.(You know what I'm talking about, Vance! Come On Get Happyyyyyy!) For you youngsters, The Partridge Family was a TV show about a widowed woman who tries to make ends meet by having her children form a band. They dressed in maroon velvet and white lace and traveled around the country in a crazily painted school-bus. Laurie "played" keyboards, "sang," and whacked the tambourine. The show was loosely based on the real life family band, The Cowsills.

She's held up pretty well, but she lost her allure when she tried to shed her good-girl image.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom and I'm taking my laptop computer with me. Where the hell's the Kleenex?

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to scan the album cover so the people can see what you're talking about. But yes, she was a looker.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick