Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hot Babes and Celebrity Girlfriends

Let's face facts here, folks. A celebrity girlfriend list from boys of the 70s would be a farce if it did not mention this woman here: Farah Fawcett Majors.Check out this site at www.farrahfawcett.us to find some fascinating facts on the cultural status of this poster. In other posts, Vance and I have talked about fashions of the 70s. "Farah Fawcett Hair" was huge! I have to wonder if it was the hair that had us creaming our jeans... or was it the nipplage? Or was it that we knew that if the girl was wearing her hair like this, the nipples weren't far behind?

One of my best remembrances about this poster (aside from a heavily hashish induced night in Germany) was a Camaro that used to come through the drive-thru at the Hofbrau when I worked the package store. The owner had this posted varnished onto the hood of the car.

In case you wonder how Farah fared over the years, here's a shot from 2006. I guess it's safe to say "she didn't go and git all fat an' shit." This photo is actually not too bad. I've seen some where she was looking pretty rough.

1 comment:

  1. I had both the Farrah poster and the Cheryl Teigs poster.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick