Sunday, January 18, 2009

Moonpie 1: Pages 3 and 4

(Click for larger image)

On the left here -- the back of the title page -- we see young Martin Maskill. As the text notes,
Martin Maskill [was] the man who sparked the idea*.
Note that this text has an asterisk added, as anabolic steroids were later found in his system. No, wait. That was Barry Bonds. The asterisk was added because Rick never wanted to give Martin full credit.

Yes, Martin sparked something, but Rick thinks it was more likely a doobie that was sparked by the man Jim Jones called "Pissant."

I'm not sure where this photo was shot, though it appears to be someone's house. Vance shot this photo for, I believe, his photography class.

On the rights side of the image, page 4, we see the previously post photo of Vance and I in it's original context.

The text here reads:
Rugged Brutes in search of the good life by ventureing (sic) to Memphis. The Story Begins
The caption for the photo reads: Two of the rugged Brutes. As with the photo of Martin, this one has arrows pointing to the subjects. Did we think people wouldn't know who we were referring to? Below this photo, Vance and I signed our names. Mine uses all the letters of my name, a practice I gave up a few years later when I had to sign it a lot. Beneath mine, at a later date, I added. Contrary to popular belief, Rick is neither Irish nor Russian. This may have been due to the fact that people often thought my name was Arabic.

See the Lexicon for the use of "Rugged Brute."

This is a bad scan the clips off the bottom of the page. I'll redo it at a later date.

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Martin was taken at Cafe by the doughnut shop(bathroom door over his shoulder.) In a couple of pages of Moonpie, there is a pic. of me with a large Coke cup at the same Cafe. I dig Martins Neil Diamond hairstyle. More on this later.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick