Saturday, January 24, 2009

Moonpie One: Pages 7 & 8


Here is the next installment of the real McCoy; pages 7 and 8.

On the left we see more signatures from people who helped support the cause. The first signature belongs to Timothy Royer, who I do not remember in the least little bit. As the text notes:
"Tim here (where; there)[with an arrow pointing to his signature] gave 13¢ to the Moonpie expedition. Thanks, Tim, you fool!"
Below that is the enormous signature of Don Snowberger, who I do remember, even though he wasn't part of our group. Vance remarked that
"This total ass gave us 1 stinken (sic) cent. Shit!!!"
Snowberger did draw a pot leaf though.

On the right hand side of this spread we see photos of Vance. According to the green scrawl, the top photo is of Vance skiing at Breckenridge, Colorado.

Further down we read the legend
"Vance Deniston, Leader of the expedition."
Apparently we learned how to spell "expedition" by this point. This photo shows Vance eating a plastic rose. Note the de rigeur Rossignol sunglasses. This happened to my biggest style downfall -- a lack of truly cool ski shades. These glasses were a plastic laminate - three colors in layers. I think Vance's were the red, white, and blue that were Rossignol's official colors or something. I don't think they were mirrored, though it is possible.

1 comment:

  1. Also present in the bottom photo were what I called the "cocks comb" ski hat and my denim bib/apron for working on skis while Petexing or sharpening the edges. For historians; the glasses in the bottom photo, no mirror finish and top photo, mirror finish.

    SKI THE SUMMIT!

    The snap leather braclet on my left arm was a tooled and painted number that all left over hippies wore. And no, it didn't have "WWJD" carved into the leather.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick