Saturday, January 24, 2009

Outsiders!


My sister, Jennifer, sent me this photo of her friend. We'll call him "Billy," since that's his name. This was taking at Manzano High School about 1980 or 81-ish (I think. Jenn?)
Jennifer writes:
"At Manzano the various cliques were divided up by halls. Here's Billy in "E" hall which was the freak hall, wearing the standard black concert t-shirt, bell bottoms, and waffle stompers that you can't see. Had to have a red or blue bandana, too. Dunno what those stomps are doing in our hall, but they really couldn't look any stupider. You're making me miss all that with your blog! We had so much fun in high school. Sex, drugs and rock and roll hahahah."
Aside from the fact that she's my sister, I include this because, although the "Gang of Four" involved in Moonpie were from Eldorado, other important characters to connect with us came from other schools. David Lewis went to Sandia,IIRC. Mike and Jim Eskew went to Manzano and we used to crash their parties when they were still in middle school. I think Jeff Lampson and Randy Kirk also went there.

From Eldorado were me, Vance, Martin, Jones, Alan, Alan's brother Dean (or "Rollo" as Jones called him.) Blane. Who else?

3 comments:

  1. Note how the "hall" at Manzano is OUTSIDE! Yes, the lockers are outside too. Billy also demonstrating excellant use of the Freaks vest. You may wear a vest but for Gods sake don't cover the rock-n-roll t-shirt design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye. I didn't catch the vest. I wonder who it is on the shirt. I'm almost thinking Queen, but only almost. This was in the day when Jennifer thought Ozzie Osbourne was the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is also smoking a cigarette. That may be a Pantera shirt...and Ozzy's still hot.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick