Saturday, January 17, 2009

Moonpie 1: The Preface

(Click for larger, clearer image) Here is an enhanced scan of the preface of Moonpie, which appears on the inside front cover and added after the fact (A-Duhrrrrr) by Vance. It appears opposite the title page shown earlier. As the flysheets are orange and written in Bic pen, they were difficult to read. I had to play around with it a bit in GIMP in order to get a stronger contrast.

The top of the page features three faces drawn by Vance (Pre-Faces)(yuk-yuk)
It reads as follows:

This expidition (sic)was never carried out. Rick went on to boot camp with the ARMY and Vance and Martin stayed behind to attempt to solve the mystery of life's meaning. Read this book in good health. If you don't understand it, I wouldn't be to conserned (sic). ENJOY. don't worry about the speeeling (sic), it's your eyes.


At some point I will create a PDF version of the book's scans, with notes, for any scholars who feel compelled to study this history of the late 1970s.

UPDATE 1/18/09:I've replaced the image here. It still looks like shit at thumbnail level, but if you click it, it will open up a good sized shot that let's you examine the detail better. In all honesty, the scanner I used on these kind of sucks.

4 comments:

  1. My name is Vance. I can't spell at all. Even now, you will find errors in almost every blog that I comment on. It's amazing that there is any writing of mine at all after all these years. But please don't let the spelling keep you from looking around "The Moonpie Chronicles". If you turn on ten people to our site TODAY, I promise you nothing. But it would be cool if you visitors would comment so Rick and I can get a 'feel' for you guys. "Guys" in Moonpie includes chicks as well. 70's lingo clumped guys and girls in the same bunch: just people. We wore the same jeans, the same t-shirts and had the same shoulder length hair. The "guys" with nice boobs were more fun to hang with as bras were still in a state of flux and there was a 50/50 chance that there would be no bra. What any of this has to do with the Preface of Moonpie, I have no idea. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course many of those same guys with boobs never got back in the habit of wearing a bra, and we all regret that now.

    For those that did, good on ya, mates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frurumph, frurumph! Webawamanasno. Bras, good, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, apparently so.We learn so much too late.

    As St. Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles said on this matter, "All things in moderation."

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick