Thursday, January 15, 2009

LEXICON: Aiee, Sahib!

"Aiee, Sahib!"
This phrase could have meant several things,though most often it meant simply "yes" or "OH!"

It was never meant in a racially deprecating sense, but rather more to express a most-modern ironical statement.

Vance started it.

It seemed to be one of those things that Vance and I used while I friends looked at us as though wed just hopped off the short-bus. Of course, I secretly suspect they secretly envied us. That's a double secret, therefore.... Ummm out in the open. We had a few different bits like this that we thought were hilarious, but others just did not get. (SEE: Right, Marlin? Right, Jim.)

1 comment:

  1. This phrase, along with"Mary, Mary,Mary.." and "It's just I'm awfully fond of dog's" and other such nonsense was just our way of communication. When nothing else would work, we just said something completely stupid and this always seemed to work.The word 'really' was used alot as well. This meant, "I don't care" or "I'm not really listening to you." "Aiee Sahib" was also used frequently when you didn't have a clip and you burned your fingers with the roach.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick