Thursday, January 15, 2009

Classic 70s art.


Yeah, we thought this was class back then. I'm sure some people did a lot of coke back then, but it was rarely available (or affordable) anywhere I was living. That didn't stop us from wearing the razor blade jewelry or having the little coke straw on a chain. "Be prepared" was the stoner motto of the day.

Later in the 80's, Crystal Meth, aka "Crank," got real big. I guess it still is. "Poor Man's Coke" they call it. Nasty shit that will pull you in so fast you won't believe it.

And of course, coke went on to freebasing, and nowadays it's seen as crack.

It's all bad shit. Never take any drug that has been processed chemically. Chemicals are bad!! Also, they don't make you cool, and they don't get you naked chicks like these.

2 comments:

  1. Appears to be the work of David Mann. He did monthly paintings for Easyriders Magazine. You can tell by the tits, pure Mann style. The artist passed away not too long ago. I wonder who has this orig. art today? I have stacks of Easyriders from the 80's complete with Manns monthly feature of art depicting the biker lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. I was thinking it was Easyriders related, but I'd forgotten Mann's name.

    You know that once this dude's art started getting published he never bought another drink again.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick