Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stranger than Fiction

You know, we've posted some... shall we say "suspect" album covers on this blog.

Today, I want to show you an actual real one. This is Ricky Van Shelton's "Loving Proof," an album that spawned such hits as "I'll Leave This World Loving You," and "From a Jack to a King."

Notice anything? Like maybe this photo was taken in Ricky's basement? Like that's his washing machine in the background? What's that jug of liquid behind him. What's in the 5-gallon bucket on the floor? Amway SA-8 detergent.

Worse yet, what's the black pipe he's leaning on? Looks suspiciously like a toilet drain-pipe.

What happened? Did his record label call up and say "Ricky! We caint git no photographer out there to y'all. Howzabout you git the little woman to shoot a couple of Polaroids and send them to us? Oh, and while your at it, why don't you write your name on the picture with a Sharpie?

Lifestyles of the rich and famous, for sure.

5 comments:

  1. Last minute photos for album covers never work out. Excuse me, CD covers. Taking a picture at your basement walkout is lazy and stupid. The lolly-colume he is leaninig against simply holds up the trusses that support the deck that is above him. The hat, the tan and the belt-buckel are all perfect. Ditch the washroom background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe he's trying to make a statement. "Here's 'Loving Proof' that I love you, baby. I did the laundry."

    Chicks dig that shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys them are fightin words... Don't mess with Ricky Van Shelton...As good as he looks he can stand anywhere he wants to..

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, but wouldn't you rather have him laying n the bed.... folding your laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  5. for the love of god yes... But, I will just keep my love nugget he looks just as good as Ricky. Someday I am going to go and visit Ricky Van Shelton and bring him out of his depression....

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick