Friday, March 13, 2009

Know your limits



"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."
-Frank Zappa
I am actually reading a book now. I know, what a strange idea to start something new at age 51. Larry Winget's book, "People are idiots and I can prove it!" is a book I picked up last week because the title 'spoke' to me. Much of my past has been a "Joe's garage" type of existence, ya know, just hanging out. But Zappa and his wisdom have served me well many times over the years. I'm just looking at different approaches now to see what will happen next. Hey, I'm reading a book, and that's a start.

4 comments:

  1. "Make it go fast.
    In and out.
    Make it go fast.
    Magical pig!"
    ~Joe's Garage Acts II and III

    RE: Reading a book. I'm.... words fail me.

    The subtitle is intriguing. I've done that same self-sabotage my entire life. I'm probably doing it right this second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the book to be dead on and as he says, there is nothing new here. Simple, just the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's good to have all that 'nothing new" knowledge right in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talking about the PAST, it is a shame u are leaving yours behind... sad that Arizona can't even get a HELLO back, why is it the past is so scary to you, why is it when you got the things you wanted and wondered about there is NOTHING left... Just curious really... Confused and left thinking!!!!!! Arizona

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick