Monday, April 13, 2009

More history -- Rick in Washington 1977-ish

So where are we with the Moonpie story? It appears that we’ve sort of glazed over a period of time, putting me on a plane to Germany, and Vance getting ready to return from school in Denver. And we’ve done a lot of skipping to the early 1980’s, via cars and motorcycles. But there was a whole other history in there that happened. Pretty much my entire time in Germany is missing from the book and photo record. It’s something I’ll have to fill in later.

But now, back to the late 1970’s. There are a few pictures in Moonpie that I’ll post when I’m at home and not somewhere else dickin’ around.

As I’ve mentioned before, I was stationed up in Ft. Lewis Washington, following basic training and cook school at Ft. Dix, NJ.

Ft. Lewis was an awakening of sorts for me. It was the beginning of being thrust into something resembling the adult world, but one that was, almost, without responsibilities. When I got paid, I could go out and blow my paycheck in one evening and not have to sweat it, because my food and lodging were free. I didn’t have to save money or worry about rent. I just bought dope or beer or records or whatever, and to hell with the rest.

Jesus, this is already looking long, so I’ll break it up into several parts….

Up next – The Repo Depot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick