Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just a preview...

Back when I lived in Memphis, a friend of mine in grade school and I used to go to Lakeland nearly every weekend. I would spend the night on saturday and his dad would take us on sundays. All day saturday, we would do 'fire' burnouts on the sidewalk. Pour out about half a gallon of gas, add about 5 strike-any-where matchs and the roll over them and 'spin' the back tire to light the matchs and fuel. Phhooof...flames-a-plenty. And on a stingray no less. We saw TV Tommy Ivo, Gene Snow and Don Schomacher, the 'Flying Hawiian'. Life was good and the track was better. Rick is working on bringing the full effect of Lakeland to Moonpie. Stay tuned.
Note* see young Vance on tailgate of Little Red Wagon.

1 comment:

  1. I remember guys out on South Eu who would pour bleach on the tires of their mom's car, punch the gas, drop the car into drive, and smoke 'em if you got 'em, baby.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick