Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jobs we have now....

I can't for the life of me figure out why I would rather be anywhere else but work. I guess that's life in the 'big city'. My friend Larry often says, "I have glaucoma of the rectum, I can't see my ass at work today." With so much life going on out there, kids, grand kids, a wife and Moonpie, I feel I could be doing sooo much more. Balance. They tell me to have balance in my life that I must prioritise. Hmmmm, what is most important? Well, that changes on an hourly basis it seems to me, dosen't it? I mean, right now, the most important thing for me to do is order plant material for upcoming jobs. O.K., I've done MOST of the ordering, just not all of the orders. Order plants, fill out insurance papers, call the kids, call the wife(twice a day because I want to), mow the grass before it rains, check appointment book, schedule tomorrows work and blog on Moonpie, the list goes on. Everything IS important if you think about it, both work and the play. Balance. I guess people say that I want to play too much and not get serious about work or other things, maybe. Maybe today I'll finally let go the nagging feeling that if a job dosen't get done tomorrow, it's not the end of the world, even though it feels that way to me.

"Get a grip Thompson, it's just a deadline. I'll lash together a few facts with a little bit of negro wisdom and this nightmare will be over.""- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Balance. I'd like to try that someday.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love that desktop picture.

    But.... what are those things on your desk? Is that.... Are those... Glasses? WTF?

    I had to zoom in to see them clearly -- mine are in the other room.


    Geezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's OK. I'm officially the crotchety old man on the block who yells at the neighborhood kids.

    My truck was the only vehicle on our loop to get vandalized -- smashed windshield and eggs.

    Hey! You kids! Get off my lawn!

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick