Saturday, April 3, 2010

More 70's stuff...

Did you ever get a flight for $39.00 one way to Denver, Colorado from Albuquerque, New Mexico in the 70's? I did, a bunch of times. I can't even remember what I was going to Denver for....

The flight would last 49 minutes and as soon as the plane hit altitude, the drinks would be served, and man, I mean served in a hurry. Texas oilmen, business men and dweebs like me were ready for the flight. Going over the Sangre de Christo mountains and the tail end of the Rockies, there was plenty of turbulence. More than once we would hit a 'down-drop' and would fall like 8 feet. I would look at the guy next to me holding his cup, the drink was 4 inches above the brim of the cup and the ice cubes were 4 inches above the liquid drink. It was a game we played to see if you could catch the drink and the ice cubes. "Hell-fire honey, bring me and my partner another round," some fat cat would yell. Thank God for the now de-funked Texas International Airlines and the $39.00 'peanut' flights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick