Sunday, February 1, 2009

Moonpie One: Pages 11 & 12

Here we see a totally candid photo snapped of me by Vance. I was walking up to the school (This shot is looking east from Montgomery across Juan Tabo.) I was reading a letter I'd just received from my friend Dave Miletello (see previous entry.)

Fashion Note: It's hard to see in this scan, but I'm wearing a shirt style that was also popular in the day. Some called it a Peasant Shirt, but this was a variant style. It was loose-fitting, with a keyhole collar that had embroidered trim around it. The sleeves, though I had them rolled up here, were very loose. I think it was designed for smoking hookahs or something. Maybe for people who were too stoned to mess with buttons and shit. Also, my mom made this one.

Around the photo, Vance has drawn radiating lines and the legend "The Man With The Fool Inside." Below it is the text:
"Rick is more fool than most. He is going in the army on June 22nd and is along for the ride.He is also co-author of this book and comic artiste extrordinaire."
To which I added "And did some of the photographs.
On the right hand page is a photo of me and Martin. I should note that anytime prior to about age 28 that I tried to look tough in a picture, I ended up looking like a total dorkus.

The text on this page reads:
Martin and Rick here trying to look like two rugged brutes. Good try. Actually, the old lady several pages back, just happened to have a camera in her hands when Rick and Martin pushed her into a gutter. The old lady took this picture when she slammed violently onto the pavement.

2 comments:

  1. Ya know, I never relized until now that I actually had a eye for photography. I remember laying down on the sidewalk to get this picture of you and Martin. What lenghts we will go to in order to get the right shot.

    And to get the picture of Rick, I was walking backwards while shooting. I should have stayed with taking pictures all this time, who knows, I might have even been famous by now. Anyway, I'm glad to see that Rick and I still have some of our crazy photos after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really were a good photographer. I think that, despite having a dad who took pictures all the time, it was when I met you, and watched you developing photos in the darkroom at Eldorado that I got into it.

    It's never to late to start back up, you know. That Canon digital I have can do a whole lot of what we did with our SLRs.(I can even shoot in black and white! :~) And the nice thing is that you don't blow wads of cash on printing and developing pictures you don't want.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick