Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Manifesto

I wrote this a few years ago when I was doing online dating (which is, incidentally, where I met my darling Allison.) It was in response to women who said they just "like to have fun" or they "liked to listen to 'good' music."

I HATE the following:
1. Fun.
2. 'Good' music.
3. Chillin' with my so-called ‘home-boys.’
4. Sunsets
5. Long walks on the beach.
6. Short walks on the beach.
7. Walks.
8. The beach.
9. Walking in sand.
10. Running in sand.
11. Sand.
12. Sandpaper
13. Girls named Sandy.
14. Pecan Sandies.
15. Sandwiches.
16. Sandals.
17. Sandalwood incense.
18. Santana.
19. Santa Claus.
20. Cats claws.
21. Subordinate clause.
22. Holding hands.
23. Clenching fists.
24. Fighting the good fight.
25. Fighting the bad fight.
26. Getting my ass kicked in a fight.
27. Fighting Texas Aggies.
28. Fi'in to fight.
29. Women who love too much.
30. Women who love too little.
31. Women who love to be little.
32. Women who love to belittle.
33. Men in general.
34. Teenagers on principle.
35. Peeps that be hatin' on me.
36. Cats who love dogs.
37. Dogs who are oh, so smug. (Though, oddly, not smug pugs.)
38. Dogs in cars.
39. Dogs in bars.
40. Dogma.
41. Greyhound busses.
42. Greyline busses.
43. Busted busses.
44. Busted flat in Baton Rouge.
45. Headed for the train.
46. Feelin’ near as faded as my jeans.
47. My genes.
48. Mutated genes.
49. Vanilla Coke.
50. Chocolate Pepsi.
51. Mariah Carey.
52. Tippi Hedron.
53. Stream of consciousness (Un-less it’s about me.)

2 comments:

  1. I hate very few things in life. Although, there is one thing that cannot be tolerated.

    "A man can learn to live with almost anything, except a rock in his shoe."- Gary Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage advice, my friend. Sage advice.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick