Thursday, January 29, 2009

Scarvy Dawg

This is one shot of a series. I was home on leave one time and Vance and I shot a good four rolls of 36 exp film in something like 3 days. (That was a lot back in those days.)

This was up at UTK. Me, Vance and Richard Cleary were up there goofing around. I'm thinking that this was in 77, shortly before going to Germany.

A few things to note here. One was the Oly Beer patch on the jacket. We were big into Olympia Beer back then. "It's the water" was their slogan, though it should have ready, simply, "It's water." But it was cheap. We bought it at a drive-thru off of Edith that, I believe, was called "The Olympia Bar."

The other thing is the Buck knife. This was the old school one that you could run over and blow up and shit and nothing would happen to it. You carried it in a leather puch on your belt and it was a major fashion accessory for years.

1 comment:

  1. AAAARRRR! To be sure our ale was Olympia. Well hell, what do you expect, a quart only cost $0.63 cents!

    * with keen vision, you may be able to detect the "Star of David" clip hanging around Ricks neck.
    Taking pictures was something we did that was not as common as with 'kids' today. Today, everyone has camera phones and digital photos they pass around on the net. When Rick says that we shot three rolls of film in about 3-4 days, that was a lot for dudes with VERY little money. And believe me, some of the photos are just weird and some capture small glimpses into Ricks and my minds. Mostly, we were just having fun the only way we knew how.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick