Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Rock House

Another location of many great parties. The infamous Rock House up by Juan Tabo Picnic grounds (so-called because they were off of Tramway.) We didn't use this one so much as a location in high school, but I know many others did.

In later years I was at many parties though. Coming back from one with Jennifer's friends in the mid 80s we encountered a motorcycle accident. Two guys on a bike, the driver had dumped the bike, and the passenger's thigh got pulled up between the rear tire and the fender.

(Photo courtesy of Jennifer.)

2 comments:

  1. Somewhere I have pictures of parties up at the Rock House. I remember that I was sporting a pair of white ski sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to confuse it with the rock house that is on the Crest trail. The one we camped near and I shot Jones in the back of the thigh with a pine cone (using his own wrist-rocket slingshot) and he freaked out and went ape-shit and started throwing big-ass boulders around. I was up there about a year and a half-ago and revisited the scene. It seems like it was much more meadowy back then.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick