Sunday, September 11, 2011

we remember... hell, how could we forget?


On this 10th anniversary of the day things changed I want to say something awesome or poignant or bittersweet or, at the least, encouraging.

But I can't. I got nothing.

Ironic since I study 9/11 literature and am working on a novel about that day.

All I can say is that some sad, crazy, Man's-inhumanity-to-Man shit happened that day, the likes of which we'll likely see again.

I guess instead of Patriot day, we should call it "The Week we all got along Day."

We've gotten our revenge sevenfold. Let's try to get back that spirit of cooperation we had early on. Let's get back to the feeble advances against racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia that we had made before 9/11.

If we can't do that, then the terrorists really WILL have won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick