Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Something about this time of year....

Can you smell that? Something is in the air....it's time to ride. I rarely took a day off from riding when I lived in New Mexico. That may be because for a year or two, all I had was a motorcycle. If you have ever ridden in this state for an hour straight with no stops or any traffic to speak of, you'll understand. From Albuquerque I took the southern route to Mesa, AZ through towns named Miami, Globe and Pie Town. Now that's a ride. This is the time of year that I miss those rides. The open range out west is a spiritual place for those who can see and feel the spirit of the land. I was one of the lucky ones who understood my surroundings and I will never forget those rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick