Friday, January 7, 2011

A simpler time, 1970....

Remember Michale Parks? Man, I sure do. The T.V. show, "Then Came Bronson" was on from '69-'70. A dude just drifting up and down the west coast on his bike. A seeker.
Bronson always entered in some off-road scramble or hill-climb trying to make an extra buck. "You don't work, you don't eat", he'd say. The other trademark phrase for the series was, "Hang in there."


This photo shows what was required to be a cycle tramp in 1970. A bike, bed-roll and a chick. What has happened to America since then?
Ride on...."down that long, lonesome highway".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick