Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jobs we have today...

Working in the Washington, DC area has some cool perks. Crawling all over the Monuments on the Mall and parking damn near anyplace you want comes to mind. Then, there are those days in August that are so friggin' hot that it just isn't fun. Today was one of those days. We had installed 200 trees for the Smithsonian at the National Zoo in December 2009, and now they wanted a map of where the trees are located. So the foreman and I walked the Zoo for 4 hours documenting the condition and locations of all the trees. You can tell by the sweat under my man-boobs that this day kicked my ass. I wanted to jump in this fountain, I didn't care WHAT was living in there!

1 comment:

  1. I don't envy you the manmary gland sweat, but otherwise, it sounds like you get to do some pretty cool shit in your job.

    I'm so torn between the greenness/humidity of the east and the oven-ness/drying rack of the southwest.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick