Monday, May 4, 2009

Pre-Moonpie, Memphis


This was like 6th grade in Memphis, Tennessee when this was taken for the class photo. It was 1968 or '69 and we had just moved from Lincoln, Nebraska. It was weird being the new kid again, but my brothers and I jumped in feet first. Memphis is where I honed my "little hoodlum" skills. Bicycles gave way to mini-bikes and mini-bikes gave way to motorcycles. The police were summoned to Parkwood drive where we lived because we were doing burnouts and wheelies up and down the street. Dad came from out back by the pool and spoke with the officer. Dad was the first guy that the policeman had ever seen in a wheelchair and they talked for about half an hour. We parked the motorcycles and Raleigh was safe for another night.

2 comments:

  1. Vance clearly is displaying a look I like to refer to as "What're you gonna do about it, Daddy?" AKA: "Chip, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww daddy! You were/are so handsome! :) Love you

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick