Sunday, May 3, 2009

If I Could BeThat Me Then Now: # 5

You know, stylistically, not much has changed between 1976 in the past 32 years. There are only slight evolutions in the dress.

Back then we dressed in a style that, 5 years later, would be called Grunge. We invented it. Not Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, or Nirvana. Though I guess, in retrospect, they were just our younger brothers,continuing a path that went back to the Freaks, the Hippies, the Beats, and the Bohemians before them.

Now we have whatever this latest incarnation of them is called, and rather than Niel Young or Curt Cobain, we have Jeffrey Lebowski. We're even too slack to play music.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I dig the stance. I recognize the pose from the movie "Tombstone".

    "I'm your huckleberry."

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick