Sunday, February 6, 2011

Now as Then

Here's one o' them there "before and after" pictures. Clearly I've aged a tad since 1979.The picture I'm holding in my hand was taken in a $6 a night hotel room in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. I spent my last @12 on this room and a few glasses of beer in the hotel bar.

I'd been living with kin up north of the border and run out of money and options. I actually had to walk across the bridge from Ontario to Michigan because I couldn't afford the fare.

The day after this was taken I hopped a bus to Detroit courtesy of Uncle Sam and reenlisted in the Army.

1 comment:

  1. You haven't changed a bit! Oh, except for the hair loss, weight gain and years of agony. But, all in all, you're still a cute little fella. A Now and Then photo post of yours truely would not fair as well as you have. But,just for shits and giggles.....

    ...stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick