Wednesday, November 10, 2010

44th CMA Awards...

Rick and I are so proud of the fact that we were nominated this year for our song "Momma get off the stove, you're too old to ride the range". We wrote this song in 1975 after a night of listening to the Watermelon Mountain Jugband and my mother and her friend Eve had a few too many drinks. While at the 'after-party' at our house, mom was caught singing while standing on the stove. Eve just smiled and kept throwing beads at mom. Rick and I went out back to smoke a doobie......I was so embarrassed. Tragedy again leads to greatness.

1 comment:

  1. It truly is an honor and a privilege. If only I hadn't lost my arms, legs, and head (only from the nose up)in a tragic bong explosion, I'd still be making music.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick