Friday, September 4, 2009

Teachers....

When I found out that Rick had taught his first English Class at the University level, I was proud of and for him. Not that I thought Rick had reached his lifes dream of being a teacher but just the opposite. I can't think of anything that Rick would rather NOT do than teach class, maybe I'm wrong. Prehaps the years have mellowed the grizzeled writer and he enjoys the banter with young thinkers. My mind drifted to the movie "Conrack" starring a young Jon Voight teaching the children on an island in the south. I always liked that movie and think I should watch the film again. I always liked Rick as well. Bravo, Rick!

2 comments:

  1. OK, this is going to sound weird, but I'm kinda digging the shaping of young minds. Well... I wouldn't go that far. I'm liking teaching so far.

    I'm even using an email from Vance in my class for a lesson on "Audience and Tone."

    The interesting thing is that by preparing my classes, I'm seeing how much I actually learned in school as an undergraduate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LORD! I could only think that any e-mail from me would be a lesson on poor grammer and punctuation. But hey, if I can be used as a tool for teaching, let it be.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick