Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Speaking of being the shits, dig this.

One of the coolest actors ever was Steve McQueen, and one of the coolest movies, "the Great Escape," and one of the coolest scenes was when Steve McQueen jumped his bike over the barbed-wire fence.Now, Steve McQueen’s most famous motorcycle has been recreated by the Rickman Brothers, legendary themselves within the moto fraternity. Just 300 examples of the Desert Racer will be built, by hand, and retailing for £13,000 (US$18,000) a pop. The gearbox and engine are period Triumph TR6, with a single Amal carb, set in a Mk III Métisse frame. Forks are 35mm Cerianis with over seven inches of travel: BSA yokes position the handlebar behind the steering stem for better control. Wheel rims and exhausts are chromed, and the rear shocks are authentic Girling reproductions. Delicious, despite what some might say.

(Courtesy of {stolen from} www.bikeexif.com)


I'd love to have this bike, though the chrome does seem a bit much. I guess once you mudded it up a bit it would look respectable.

2 comments:

  1. I want one. My old Husqvarna 360 was the tits but this thing looks like too much fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's customized to not only LOOK like that bike, but to be able to recreate the famous jump.

    ReplyDelete

Spam and rudeness will not be tolerated. We're here to have a few grins, and if you can't abide, move along. Did I mention Spam? Because if I didn't, here it is. NO SPAM!! That includes saying you like our blog and it's thought-provoking (which we know is a lie) and here's a link to your blog. Basically, if you link post a link to a for-profit site without the express written consent of me or the Big Vance-a-rino, I'll delete your comment and you'll look like an ass or I'll mock you mercilesly for being a dork.
~Peace & Love,
Rick